Ladybird I'm Ready for Phonics 12 Books Collection - Ages 5-7 - Paperback
Another must-have set from renowned publishers Ladybird, this set of 12 books is perfect for young children aged 5-7. Help your child at an early phonics learning stage with the Ladybird I'm Ready for Phonics book collection. Focusing on initial letter sounds at the beginning of simple words as well as crucial vowel and consonant sounds, these fun and bright books are a great way to introduce phonics to your little one. Reading aloud really comes to life with these books, bringing a child’s literacy and vocabulary skills closer together as parents guide their child through levels 1-12. Not only will they recognise words on the page but become more familiar and confident in the sounds they produce.
Parents are huge fans of I’m Ready for Phonics because of its simplicity and approach to children’s learning. When it comes to kids books that encourage pronunciation and vocabulary, having a set like this can really supplement your child’s learning in the comfort of your own home. These books still fit perfectly on the bookshelf along with stories and other tales, but they balance the element of learning with imagination in a way that wins children over.
Even just a few minutes a day with one of the books is a great starting point to focus on phonics. With 12 books in the collection, each one is a stepping stone in your child’s development of the English language pronunciation. There are plenty of illustrations and pictures to keep young ones entertained while giving them the confidence to produce new sounds that spur on their vocabulary. Each book has its own fun story to tell that’s uncomplicated using simple word choices so children can really focus on their sounds. Ladybird has designed this range from beginners, working their way up from Level 1 - 12.
The phonics books are fun little story books which teach letter sounds using colourful illustrations. Ladybird’s I’m Ready for Phonics books are easy to follow, bright, colourful and long-lasting. The series closely follows the order that a child is taught phonics in school, from initial letter sounds to key phonemes and beyond so it’s an ideal way to boost their learning at home too. Each book helps to build reading confidence through practice of these phonics building blocks, and reinforces school learning but in a fun way. With simple vocabulary and subtle comprehension cues, these phonic readers will encourage, motivate and ignite children's excitement about reading.
Phonemes are introduced in a similar order to the way they are taught in most UK schools and also provide practice of common tricky but everyday words, such as ‘the’ and ‘said’, that cannot be sounded out. As parents and children continue through the set, they can work their way up through the levels. Gradually, more phonemes are introduced in a similar order to the way they are taught in most UK schools so children will become familiar with the process and recognise new sounds. These books provide parents with a trusted learning resource for early readers. Each Read it Yourself book is very carefully written to include many key, high-frequency words that are vital for learning to read, as well as a limited number of story words that are introduced and practised throughout.
Simple sentences and frequently repeated words help to build the confidence of beginner readers. And the different levels of books support children all the way from very first reading through to independent, fluent reading. Each book has been carefully checked by educational consultants and can be read independently at home or used in a guided reading session at school. Further content includes comprehension puzzles, helpful notes for parents, carers and teachers and book band information for use in schools.
Titles In This Set:
- Captain Comet's Space Party - Level 1. This first book teaches children to find the sound at the beginning of a word - the initial letter sound.
- Nat Naps! - Level 2. This book teaches sounds: s a t p i n.
- Top Dog - Level 3. This book teaches sounds: m d g o c k ck.
- Huff! Puff! Run! - Level 4. This book teaches sounds: e u r h b f ff l ll ss.
- Fix It Vets - Level 5. This book teaches sounds: j v w x y z zz qu.
- Dash is Fab! Level 6. This book teaches sounds ch sh th (soft) th (hard) ng.
- Big, Big Fish - Level 7. This book teaches sounds: ai ee oa oo (long) oo (short).
- Dig, Farmer, Dig! Level 8. This book teaches sounds: ar or ur ow oi er.
- Fun Fair Fun - Level 9. This book teaches sounds: igh ear air ure.
- Wow, Wowzer! - Level 10. This book looks back at the sounds covered in the previous levels and introduces longer words to increase children's vocabulary.
- Wizard Woody - Level 11. This book teaches alternative spellings for some of the sounds covered in the previous levels.
- Monster Stars - Level 12. This book teaches different pronunciations for the same grapheme, for example the /i/ in 'milk' is pronounced differently to the /i/ in 'tiger'.
Beautifully bright phonic stories at twelve levels. A great way to learn letter sounds and blends, and get ready for your Year 1 Phonics Screening Check. So – what’s so good about this series? The stories are fast-paced and funny: you’ll really want to know what happens next. Zingy colour pictures snap off the pages with more crackle and pop than a bowl of Rice Krispies. (There are even little clues if you get stuck.) Read the books in order: they take you through twelve stages from first steps to tricky sounds. The cutest, most vibrant phonic stories you could ever imagine. We love you, Ladybird!
- Progressive phonics moving through 12 levels
- Bright and exciting stories with bold colour artwork
- Helps children identify and learn key phonic sounds
- Follows the order of phonics teaching in schools