- Shortlisted for two British Book Awards 2022
- Gold winner in the 'Children's Book Series' category - MadeForMums Awards 2022
- Digital E-Commerce Business of the Year - Federation of Small Business Awards 2022
- UK Business of the Year - International Brilliance Awards 2021
- Finalist in UK eCommerce Awards 2021 - B2C eCommerce Website of the Year (October 2021)
- Books2Door MD, Abdul Kadir Thadha, was recognised in The Bookseller's annual list of the 150 most influential people in UK publishing! 📚
- Shortlisted for Leicester Innovation Awards 2022 - LeicestershireLive
- BBC News - "Leicester book firm donates to help shop destroyed in Gaza" (15/06/21), "Leicester firm helps destroyed Gaza bookshop to reopen" (12/02/22)
- The Guardian - "Donations flood in to restore Gaza bookshop destroyed by Israeli airstrikes" (21/06/21)
- The Independent - "12 best Christmas books for kids: Add some festive magic to story time" (03/11/21)
- The Independent - "10 Best Vegetarian Cookbooks" (01/07/21)
- Daily Mail - "Best Black Friday bargains" (26/11/21)
- Metro - "Eight everyday life hacks that will save you money on bills and shopping" (23/08/21)
- Leicester Mercury - "'Heartbroken' Leicester bookseller donates to help shop destroyed in Gaza" (17/06/21)
The Bookseller - "The Bookseller 150 in 2021 featuring Abdul Thadha" (17/12/21)
- The Bookseller - "Books2Door donates 1,000 books for rebuild of Gaza bookshop" (11/06/21)
- The Bookseller - "Bookseller donates 1,000 books to Afghan child refugees" (22/12/21)
- Asian Voice - "The gift of reading on Christmas" (22.12.21)
- Hello! - "16 cool & unique gift ideas for kids this Christmas" (04/11/21)
- InYourArea - "Leicester book seller to give away over 2,000 books for World Book Night" (22/04/21)
- Heart London Magazine - "Christmas Gift Guide - For Children" (08/11/21) and "Christmas Gift Guide - For Boys" (12/12/21)
- Frost Magazine - "Books2Door offer HUGE discounts on Back2School Booksets" (08/10/21)
- Bounce Magazine Online - "Christmas Gift Guide" (18/11/21)
- Female First - Best Advent Calendars 2021 (25/11/21)
- UK Mums.tv - "What to do this half-term" (08/02/22)
- The Bookseller "Books2Door donates 18,000 books for World Book Day" (25.02.22)
- FE News - "National book retailer to donate 18,000 children's books across the UK" (01.03.22)
- Evening Standard - Book gift recommendations (26.05.22)
- Evening Standard - Best Crime Books (01.06.22)
- Yahoo.co.uk - Best Thriller Books (01.06.22)
If you're a member of the press, we'd love to talk to you about selling books, children's literacy, our ongoing campaigns, or anything else we may know a thing or two about. For all media enquiries, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're a customer, and you'd like to talk about an order, please see our FAQ before emailing email@example.com.
- Founded in 2004
- Over 1 million customers
- Over 19,000 excellent reviews
- Over 1500 products in stock at our warehouse
- Headquartered in Leicester, UK
Biography of Abdul Thada
Abdul Thadha is a Leicester-based entrepreneur, founder and manager of two successful, independent book-related businesses.
The first, Sweet Cherry Publishing, is an award-winning children’s publisher, devoted to diverse stories and prides itself in creating original stories, adapting classics and making educational books fun. The Leicester-based publishing company commissions authors from across the world to bring the best in children’s fiction, paired with stunning illustrations.
Abdul’s second business, Books2Door is an independent online retailer specialising in selling children’s book sets and series, with huge savings compared to retail pricing. The company’s core values are to make books accessible and affordable to every family, while its sole mission is to become the leading online bookseller.
Abdul’s unique business model and entrepreneurial mindset has led both Sweet Cherry Publishing and Books2Door to be multi-million-pound businesses, while maintaining Abdul’s core values for children in every home to access books.