The Chimp Paradox by Prof Steve Peters is a revolutionary self-help book that provides insight into the workings of the human brain and offers practical techniques for managing your emotions, thoughts, and behaviours. The book is based on the premise that the human brain can be divided into two parts: the rational, logical, and analytical parts, and the emotional, impulsive, and instinctive parts, which Prof Peters calls the "chimp brain." Buy The Chimp Paradox now and see what it is really all about. For more non-fiction titles, check out our range of non-fiction books.
The book offers a unique perspective on understanding and managing your chimp brain to improve your mental health, relationships, and performance in all areas of life. It is divided into four main parts:
- The Chimp Brain: This part of the book explains the workings of the chimp brain and how it can sometimes take over and cause us to act impulsively or irrationally. Prof Peters explains that the chimp brain is not good or bad but rather a necessary part of our evolution that has helped us survive as a species.
- The Human Brain: This part of the book explains the workings of the human brain and how it is different from the chimp brain. Prof Peters explains that the human brain is responsible for our rational, logical, and analytical thinking and that it is essential to understand how to use it effectively.
- The Computer Brain: This part of the book explains how the computer brain works and how it is responsible for storing our memories, beliefs, and values. Prof Peters explains that it is crucial to understand how our computer brain works in order to manage our emotions and behaviours.
- Putting It All Together: This part of the book provides practical advice and techniques for managing your chimp brain, including how to recognise when your chimp brain is taking over, how to manage your emotions, and how to develop effective coping strategies.
One of the key takeaways from The Chimp Paradox is the importance of understanding how your chimp brain works to manage your emotions and behaviours effectively. Prof Peters provides practical techniques for recognising when your chimp brain is taking over, such as recognising your triggers and developing a plan for managing your emotions in advance. He also advises developing effective coping strategies, such as deep breathing, visualisation, and positive self-talk.
Another key takeaway from the book is the importance of developing a growth mindset. Prof Peters explains that a growth mindset is essential for success in all areas of life, as it allows you to embrace challenges and learn from failure. He provides practical advice on developing a growth mindset, such as focusing on your strengths, setting goals, and embracing challenges.
The Chimp Paradox has received widespread praise for its practical advice and unique perspective on the workings of the human brain. It has been described as a "game changer" by many readers, who have found the techniques and strategies outlined in the book to be life-changing.
In addition to its practical advice, The Chimp Paradox is also an engaging and entertaining read. Prof Peters uses real-life examples and anecdotes to illustrate his points, making the book informative and enjoyable.
Overall, The Chimp Paradox is a must-read for anyone looking to improve their mental health, relationships, and performance in all areas of life. It provides a unique perspective on the workings of the human brain and offers practical techniques for managing your emotions, thoughts, and behaviours. Whether you are struggling with anxiety, stress, or negative self-talk or simply looking to improve your performance in sports or business, The Chimp Paradox has something to offer.
From the publishers:
Do you sabotage your own happiness and success? Are you struggling to make sense of yourself? Do your emotions sometimes dictate your life?
The Chimp Paradox is a compelling mind management model that can help you understand yourself and others and become a happy, confident, healthier and more successful person. Prof Steve Peters explains the struggle that takes place within your mind and then shows how to apply this understanding to every area of your life so you can:
- Recognise how your mind is working
- Understand and manage your emotions and thoughts
- Manage yourself and become the person you would like to be
The Chimp Mind Management Model is based on scientific facts and principles, which have been simplified into a workable model for easy, everyday use so that you can identify what is preventing you from living a happier, more successful life.
Packed with crucial facts that explain how you function and exercises for you to work with, the Chimp Model will help you develop the emotional skills and practical habits to become the person you want to be and live the life you want to live.
FREE DELIVERY FOR ORDERS OVER £40
We aim to process and dispatch our orders within 24 hours. The orders go into our warehouse to be picked, packed and consolidated into one parcel where appropriate. Please note orders are only processed Monday-Friday.
We sometimes split orders between multiple parcels. Items from our extended range section are dispatched separately.
If any items are missing from your delivery, please allow 2 working days for the rest of your order to arrive before contacting us at email@example.com
All of our books are 100% brand new, unread and purchased directly from the publishers in bulk allowing us to pass the huge savings on to you!
Orders Under £40
Standard Delivery: £2.99 (2-4 working days)
Express Delivery: £5.99 (1-2 working days)
Orders between £40 and £100
Standard Delivery: Free (2-4 working days)
Express Delivery: £2.99 (reduced rate, 1-2 working days)
Orders over £100
Express Delivery: Free (1-2 working days)
These delivery times are the maximum delivery periods that a purchase can take to reach our customers. Delivery may be sooner than this. These times are an estimation, not a guarantee.
There are no deliveries on Saturdays, Sundays or Bank Holidays.