Titles in this set:
1. Brain Power
2. How to Grow Up and Feel Amazing!: The No-Worries Guide for Boys Description:Brain Power
Brains don’t look like much, do they? A touch of slime here, some squishy grey stuff there. But in fact, your brain is more powerful than any supercomputer, and it is completely fascinating. Have you ever wondered why you’re left-handed? Or why you have dreams? Or what causes pins and needles?
I’ll tell you what else: your brain is completely unique. That’s right: no one else has a brain quite like yours.
So if you want to learn how to make the most of YOUR brain, this is the book for you. It doesn’t just explain how the brain works. It’ll teach you how to train your brain to get better at stuff you find difficult. It’ll show you how different people think in different ways and why that makes each person so special. It’ll help you keep your mind happy and healthy. Because when that brilliant brain of yours is in tip-top condition, you can be the BEST version of you.
– Why some skills come to you more easily than others
– How to cope with knockbacks and improve on the difficult stuff
– Why we feel certain emotions and how to manage the difficult ones
– How to keep your brain in top condition for learning
– Why looking after your mind is the key to growing up happyHow to Grow Up and Feel Amazing!: The No-Worries Guide for Boys
The nation's favourite doctor, Dr Ranj, is here to explain everything you ever wanted to know about puberty - plus lots more.
What does it mean to be a boy? And I'm not just talking about what you have between your legs, but what life is really like for boys. Growing up is a real minefield! So I've put everything I've learned both from my career as an NHS doctor and my own life experiences into this twenty-first century guide to being a boy.
It covers the obvious things like the physical changes you'll go through during puberty and adolescence (hello, pubic hair and voice breaking!), but also helps you to figure out how to manage your emotions, deal with friends and family and learn about healthy relationships.
Filled with easy-to-understand explanations, down-to-earth advice and cheeky illustrations, this growing-up guide by trusted paediatrician Dr Ranj is perfect for readers aged 10+ who want to discover the confidence to be the very best version of themselves.
- Puberty and physical development, including genital, skin, hair and voice changes
- Looking after your body, from shaving, good hygiene and healthy eating to body confidence and exercise
- Mental health awareness, including the importance of sleep, managing mood swings and anxiety
- Managing relationships, from parents and siblings to friends and crushes, and how to cope with bullying
- A sensitive, age-appropriate introduction to sex, consent and privacy
- Navigating the online world, including social media and cybersafety
FREE DELIVERY FOR ORDERS OVER £40
We aim to process and dispatch our orders within 24 hours. The orders go into our warehouse to be picked, packed and consolidated into one parcel where appropriate. Please note orders are only processed Monday-Friday.
We sometimes split orders between multiple parcels. Items from our extended range section are dispatched separately.
If any items are missing from your delivery, please allow 2 working days for the rest of your order to arrive before contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All of our books are 100% brand new, unread and purchased directly from the publishers in bulk allowing us to pass the huge savings on to you!
Orders Under £40
Standard Delivery: £2.99 (2-4 working days)
Express Delivery: £5.99 (1-2 working days)
Orders between £40 and £100
Standard Delivery: Free (2-4 working days)
Express Delivery: £2.99 (reduced rate, 1-2 working days)
Orders over £100
Express Delivery: Free (1-2 working days)
These delivery times are the maximum delivery periods that a purchase can take to reach our customers. Delivery may be sooner than this. These times are an estimation, not a guarantee.
There are no deliveries on Saturdays, Sundays or Bank Holidays.