Reading Champions Developing Readers 30 Book Collection Level 6 to 10 (Series 2) - Ages 5-7 - Paperback
‘Reading Champion resources are high quality and help to create effective, efficient and enthusiastic readers. They would be a welcome addition to any library and are very competitively priced.’ Teach Primary review of the series
‘The illustrations in this book are lovely and the text bold and easy to read with lots of repetition. I look forward to reading it with my younger daughter when she starts primary.’ Amazon review, At Night (Independent Reading Blue 4)
‘My daughter has read this to me several times and has enjoyed it. It seems about the right difficulty for its reading level. It has lots of really good illustrations and is fun to read. Would recommend.’ Amazon review, Cave Boy and the Egg (Independent Reading Turquoise 7)
Use the book band that your child is reading at school to help them choose a book that is at the right level for their ability. You should decide together whether your child will read the story independently or read it aloud to you. If reading aloud then you should support your child if they hesitate or ask for help. If reading to themselves, remind your child that they can come and ask for help if they get stuck.
Each book contains guidance notes for parents and carers using the books at home. These notes include questions to ask before they start reading, such as “Why did you choose this book? Why do you think you will enjoy it?”, as well as suggested questions and a fun comprehension activity for after they have read the book. These questions aim to help children learn to make good choices when choosing independent reading books, and support their comprehension of the story. Find out more from their official website for Reading Champions.
Titles in Set:
- Orange - Dragon Hiccups - Jenny Jinks & Martin Remphry
- Orange - A Crown for Lion - A. H. Benjamin & Jeff Crowther
- Orange - Robot Gets It Wrong - Elizabeth Dale & Maxine Lee
- Orange - Funny Footprints - Katie Dale & Nanette Regan
- Orange - Dog at School - Katie Dale & Gustavo Mazali
- Orange - Little Spook - Penny Dolan & Joshua Heinsz
- Turquoise - The Cat's Tale - Lynne Rickards & Karl West
- Turquoise - Cave Boy and the Egg - Damian Harvey & Bill Bolton
- Turquoise - Tom the Naughty Tooth Fairy - Elizabeth Dale & Adriana Puglisi
- Turquoise - Jack's Junk - Elizabeth Dale & Mirella Mariani
- Turquoise - The Dinosaur Bone - Elizabeth Dale & Stu McLellan
- Turquoise - The Very Worst Wizard - Elizabeth Dale & Denis Cristo
- Purple - Flash and the Butterfly - Jill Atkins & Sue Eastland
- Purple - The Giant Snowball Mystery - A. H. Benjamin & Andy Rowland
- Purple - Hey! You! Gordon Goat! - Ann Bryant & David Arumi
- Purple - The Dog Show - Jill Atkins & Rupert Van Wyk
- Purple - The Hen Who Cried Fox - A. H. Benjamin & Marco Lombardini
- Purple - Lazy Jack - Sue Graves & Roger Simo
- Gold - Abdul's Lazy Sons - Katie Dale & Shahab Shamshirsaz
- Gold - One of our Tigers is Missing! - Sue Graves & Pauline Reeves
- Gold - The Sleepover - Jenny Jinks & Louise Forshaw
- Gold - Dolphin Ride - Jill Atkins & Geraldine Rodriguez
- Gold - Pip the Different Penguin - A.H. Benjamin & Bruno Robert
- Gold - One Hundred Wishes - Enid Richemont & Ben Whitehouse
- White - Androcles and the Lion - Sue Graves & Alex Paterson
- White - The Missing Necklace - Katie Dale & Ben Scruton
- White - The Big Match - Damien Harvey & John Lund
- White - Lost! - Sue Graves & Tom Disbury
- White - Who Will be King? - Katie Dale & Letizia Rizzo
- White - Goodbye Tessa - Katie Dale & John Joseph
Reading Champion is an exceptionally useful and valuable reading series which was designed to help children develop their reading skills independently, this set is particularly useful for providing guidance to children, building a habit of reading is a crucial part of growing and learning language skills as children spend their study or spare time outside of school. This set is the most ideal for reading development, which is divided into independent reading bands, sorted in an organised way for different levels of difficulty. This set is perfect for home learning and great for kids ages 5+. This set begins with Orange Level 6 which focuses on children ages 5 and over all the way through to White Level 10 which is geared towards more confident readers ages 7 and over. We all understand that as society, technology and our environment progresses and moves forward, we should also adapt to these changes in learning and education too and the Reading Champion uses a more modern approach to helping children develop their reading ability.
Reading Champion had developed these books for children to practice reading, this collection has remained our bestseller for a long time, thanks to its wonderful assortment of books and the entertainment value. With the assistance of literacy experts, individual colour banded books have been carefully designed and words are attentively selected to provide the perfect type of challenge for various levels of reading. They are accompanied by engaging and varied characters with lively artwork and illustration and the subject matter focusses on modern themes which stays relevant to today's interests. Reading Champion has helped reading classes in schools and also provides an essential tool for reading at home. We understand that providing the right type of books for children can be challenging, we may have concerns such as “how do we know the reading matter is appropriate?” or “how do we know our kids are spending their time wisely?” and there are also many factors which may affect the child's interest in the book, their level of enjoyment and we certainly do not want the books to frustrate them if the level of language is too challenging. Reading Champion understands parents' concerns and the needs of children, so each book is specifically constructed to aid independent reading and enjoyment. The individual books also contain useful information and notes which can help teachers and parents to help guide children's reading, some examples of these notes include questions to ask children like “Why did you choose this book?” or “Why do you think you will enjoy reading it?” and also other engaging activities for after the book is read which includes comprehension tasks. The questions are aimed to help children better understand their decision making and how to better comprehend stories. The UCL Institute of Education is a leading centre for research into education and is well respected and known globally. They take special interest into developing new and innovative ways of teaching and how to help children's literacy.
This fantastic 30 book collection from Reading Champion will help developing readers to progress into the next stage of independent reading. With stories such as Dragon's Hiccups, A Crown for Lion, Pip the Different Penguin, children can read these books with easy-to-follow plots. Perfect for children aged 5+. Browse here for more bestsellers.