Ladybird Tales My Once Upon A Time Library 24 Books Collection - Ages 5-7 - Hardback
Titles in This Set :1. Beauty and the Beast
2. The Enormous Turnip
3. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
5. Hansel and Gretel
6. Little Red Riding Hood
7. The Three Little Pigs
8. The Big Pancake
9. Goldilocks and the Three Bears
10. The Gingerbread Man
13. Sleeping Beauty
14. The Elves and the Shoemaker
15. Puss in Boots
16. Jack and the Beanstalk
17. The Three Billy Goats Gruff
18. The Magic Porridge Pot
20. Dick Whittington
21. The Princess and the Frog
22. Chicken Licken
23. The Little Red Hen
24. The Princess and the Pea
25. The Ugly Duckling
Fairy stories and traditional tales have a special place in the life of every child. Generations have trusted Ladybird to bring us the definitive versions. Now, all of the best-loved titles from the classic Well Loved Tales series, written by Vera Southgate, are being re-presented to a modern audience in this great Ladybird Tales box set. These books are perfect for reading aloud, or for older, more confident readers to read by themselves. There are 24 Ladybird Tales in this set, so the only problem is which one to read first! Children have always loved these stories and sharing them together is an experience to treasure.
With an incredible 24 books to choose from, it might take some time choosing where to start but the good news is that you don’t need to read this in any particular order. Some classic titles might stand out to you from previous reading with a sibling, your own childhood or you’ve had your eye on it in the library. It’s also very likely that these classics are being used in primary schools so they could be on your child’s reading list. Better yet, your little one might choose the first book themselves, in that case - you’re off to a great start!
All of these titles are familiar favourites in one way or another, and if they are not yet, they soon will be. Each book is a bite-sized read that will be perfect to enjoy before bed or for a little downtime with your little one. These books are wonderfully illustrated. Each drawing, each page with its dynamic approach and rich detail are thoughtfully done. These hardback famous books, aimed at children aged 5-7 really encourage their imagination to come to life and that’s exactly what is intended. Expect your child to ask all sorts of questions about the wonderful possibilities that are being told or from what they see before them through the colourful illustrations in each story.
Which fairy tales are included?
All of your favourite fairy tales from Hans Christian Anderson, The Brothers Grimm, and many more, are included in this wonderful gift set.
- In Beauty and the Beast, a young woman has to find whether her captor is a handsome prince, or the monster he appears to be.
- In The Three Little Pigs, a porcine family finds out which style of architecture will best repel a predator.
- In Rapunzel, a prince gains access to a maiden in a tower in a most unusual fashion.
- In The Three Billy Goats Gruff, the goats have to outwit a troll in order to cross a bridge to their feeding ground.
- In The Elves and the Shoemaker, an act of kindness provides a sizeable reward
- In The Ugly Duckling, we find out that beauty is only skin deep.
- In Goldilocks and the Three Bears, an uninvited guest finds out an awful lot about a family’s habits.
- In Hansel and Gretel, two impoverished children have to evade the dinner menu of an evil witch.
- In Cinderella, an orphan is gifted a night that changes her fortunes for good.
- In Jack and the Beanstalk, what seems to be a poor trade of a milk cow for beans pays off big time, when access is gained to a giant’s castle.
- In Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, a fair princess is saved from the evil queen by seven small housemates, and from eternal sleep by a handsome prince.
What are the benefits of reading fairy tales?
Fairy tales continue to stand the test of time as classic reads that provide endless reading for children. These books are helpful for developing young children and their reading skills. They prompt children to consider their own emotions, those of others, to question reality and ‘make-believe’ while introducing them to all kinds of new characters that they may see elsewhere in other books. Each story explains a moral or social value that can be explained to children, including kindness, inclusion and friendship that can be applied to their own way of thinking as they grow up.
These retellings of old folk tales are a great introduction for children into reading. When it comes to introducing fictional characters such as beasts or giants, these books are a go-to for all parents, as they are presented in such a way as not to frighten children but rather leave them intrigued and wanting to find out more. There are plenty of options based on different animals too, which will be an appeal to all children, even the big bad wolf! And who doesn’t want to see the fun that gingerbread man or big pancake can bring? That’s not all. Dwarves and elves will form fantastic friendships while the prince and princess narratives will be guaranteed favourites for everyone.
Ladybird has brought people together with special books and words that are especially meaningful for children, it encourages learning, and exciting exploration of books. Ladybird has published fairy tales for more than 45 years and the desire to bring these loved tales to life in each generation, the mythical and fascinating fables can be shared together and we can all experience this with friends and our children.
From the publisher
Ladybird has published fairy tales for over forty-five years, bringing the magic of traditional stories to each new generation of children.
This collection of Ladybird Tales is based on the original Ladybird retelling by Vera Southgate, with beautiful, detailed illustrations to capture the hearts of a new generation of readers.
An essential part of any child's bookshelf, Ladybird Tales are perfect for sharing together and creating memories to treasure forever.